大发体育官网 Files For Approval of AMS in Texas
In our efforts to enhance our infrastructure, 大发体育官网 filed for approval of its Advanced Metering System (AMS) Deployment Plan to the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT) on April 19, 2021. 阅读更多.
To read the full filing, 点击这里.
What Are Advanced Meters?
Advanced or “smart” meters are next-generation digital, electric meters that wirelessly send regular meter readings to your energy provider in a safe, 安全, 和自动方式. This provides 更多的 accurate billing, better power quality 和 reliability, 和 a better underst和ing of your energy usage 和 control of your bill.
The innovative technology inside advanced meters will allow for two-way communication between you 和 大发体育官网, 给你:
- Enhanced customer service – The advanced data gathered assists our Customer Care representatives in expediting 和 更多的 effectively addressing customer billing questions 和 concerns.
- Remote meter reading 和 activation – Advanced meters can be read 和 controlled remotely, meaning no 更多的 waiting for estimated bills or meter readers 和 easier service activation or transfer.
- 更快的恢复 – Outage locations 和 problems can be pinpointed, allowing for a quicker power restoration.
- Improved access to your energy ——详细, near-real-time usage information gives you 更多的 control over your energy use, down to 15-minute increments that show you what times of day you use the most energy.
- 能源的比较 – Review how your energy use compares to that of neighboring homes.
- 控制成本 – Manage costs with online access to customized usage analytics. Set up high-bill alerts 和 get personalized tips to help to avoid them.
- Even 更多的 pricing options – Take advantage of dynamic customer pricing programs like budget billing, 按使用时段, pre-pay 和 other pricing rates that better match your energy habits.
Creating a Smarter Energy Grid
Advanced metering systems are the foundation of a smarter, 更多的 advanced power grid. A smart grid will give us the tools to meet growing energy challenges 和 help keep power affordable 和 reliable for you.
About Electromagnetic Fields
Electric 和 magnetic fields (EMF) are invisible fields of force that surround any electrical device. Electric 和 magnetic fields are found everywhere electricity is used, such as many common household appliances. This can include your microwave, clothes washer 和 dryer, 炉子, 灯, 吹风机, TV, 电脑, 手机, 和 更多的.